Remember our first day of school? Can you believe that it was a year ago? Where did time go? Are we really at the end? Today, a new installment of GPMBA-ers walked through the doors of Tower 200; sat in our seats and probably wondered what they have gotten themselves into.
Well, class of 2012, though you will never be as “cool” as our class, you’re allowed to sit in our seats and embark on this amazing adventure that will inevitably change your life (yes, cheesy, but true). Get ready for long nights, very early mornings, and entirely too much time spent at school. Before you know it, December will arrive, and soon after, you will be off to Rio…then, back in Atlanta, and Paris and China, and all of a sudden—the end!
Without realizing it, in a year you will:
1. See at least one sunrise on the beaches of Ipanema
2. Have the most amazing breakfast every day at COPPEAD
3. Eat something from a questionable street stand somewhere in Brazil
4. Stand on top of the Great Wall
5. Engage in a fierce negotiation over 58 cents
6. Hate the pollution in Beijing and what it is doing to your face
7. Get annoyed that you have to walk by the Louvre every day to get to the Metro
8. Find out that wine is cheaper than water
9. Have the perfect justification to have a croque for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
10. Get lost in the streets of ___ (insert any city) and find amazing treasures
11. Ask one of your classmates: what country were we in when….?
12. Wish you could do it all over again, just minus the school work
13. Be able to write a 10 page, single spaced paper in an hour or two
14. Inevitably, freak out about internships
15. Procrastinate writing your thesis (we have to write a thesis, what?)
The only advice I give you is this: Don’t worry about grades too much, just enjoy the moment! In the end, “it is what it is,” and this year will be what you make of it!
And to my current classmates, don’t forget the wise words of Miley Cyrus: It’s the Climb! We are almost there!